I'd never really thought about it, but you don't see a lot of 2 year olds with 'fancy hair', as my husband would say. Well, most 2 year olds don't have as much hair as Sophie either. Here's how I do Miss Diva's hair.
- Have everything ready to go. I keep a comb, spray bottle of water and hair ties in the kitchen. On the way to hair central I grab barrettes if I need them. I keep her barrettes on a hanger like this one ---->
- Keep them entertained while you do it! I do Sophie's hair during breakfast. She's engrossed in shoveling the food in and hopefully not noticing I'm doing her hair.
- If I miss breakfast hour I plop her down in front of a movie. I do this when I need to trim her bangs as well.
- I don't go in with a plan. I know this seems counter intuitive, but if I don't plan on creating a hair masterpiece I'm not disappointed when it doesn't pan out. My goal is to get the hair off her face...anything other than a pony tail is a major win in my book. I load up on rubber hair bands so I have plenty and go from there.
- If you need inspiration Pinterest has lots of great ideas.
|You can find them at Sweet Sophie Mae's|
We missed the boat on breakfast on her birthday, but Sesame Street to the rescue!