- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 1/2 lb asparagus, snap off the end woody portion
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced (use whatever you can get at your local market)
- 1 bone-in, split chicken breast (or bone out if it's what you have)*
- 1/2 lb short cut pasta, I recommend rotini
- 1-2 tbsp. butter, olive oil or roasted garlic butter, recipe follows
- 1/2 c. 3 minute lemon vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Marinade your chicken (preferably overnight, but an hour will do the trick) with 1/4 c of the vinaigrette in a zip top bag. I typically marinade and grill at least 2 chicken breasts at a time so I can use the leftover chicken on sandwiches, in soup, on other pastas or just as a snack.
Boil pasta and drain. Toss the cooked pasta with the butter or olive oil. If you want you pasta dish served warm boil it while your vegetables are grilling. This pasta is delicious hot, warm, room temperature or cold.
Get your grill hot and start your chicken. If you are using the skin on spilt breasts start them skin side down, turn them after about 5-7 minutes, once the skin has begun to crisp. Cook the chicken until done through and allow to cool. Once it is cool pull or cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
While your chicken is grilling get your vegetables ready. Toss the zucchini and asparagus with the remaining vinaigrette and grill. Cook the veggies 2-3 minutes on each side, until tender crisp. Once they are done allow them to cool for 5 minutes and then cut them into bite sized pieces.
Take your pasta and toss with the Parmesan, chicken and grilled and raw vegetables. Season it to taste and serve.