Monday, January 9, 2012

Tasty Tuna Salad

Last night time got away from me, so I turned to trusty ole' tuna salad to bail me out of my dinner dilemma.  Tuna has gotten moderately expensive in recent years, so I buy mine in bulk from Sam's club (I think there's 8 cans to a pack).  This recipe makes 4 servings.

Ingredients
3 cans of tuna in water, drained well
4 TBSP fat free mayo
1/4 c. sweet relish
1/4 c. diced celery
2 TBSP diced roasted red pepper
1/4 c. diced yellow or red onion
1/8 c. diced green olives w/pimento
pepper to taste

Directions
Put ingredients in bowl and stir!  I recommend making this a few hours ahead to let the flavors marry.  All together I think this takes about 10 minutes to make; that's one of the reasons I always keep a few cans of tuna in the pantry!  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment