One of my resolutions is to drink more water. It sound all fine and dandy to drink the generally recommended 64oz of water a day (8 8oz glasses), but it's harder than it sounds. My husband is a champ. He can drink 4 of those big 32oz cups of water in a day without thinking about it. Me, I find it much more difficult.
Here are a few ways I'm trying out to boost my daily water intake.
- Drink a glass as soon as I get up. While I'm unloading the dishwasher and prepping Sophie's breakfast I have at least one glass of water.
- Drink more tea. I don't add anything to my tea, so I could it toward my water intake. I got a tea kettle for Christmas and I keep it primed and ready to go. If you add a lot of sugar to your tea this might not work for you.
- Keep a water bottle handy. I keep one in the car and tote one around the house with me.
- Drink only water at meals. I can drink 2-3 glasses with dinner without a sweat.
- Drink it through a straw. This might sound weird to some people,but I find I drink things faster through a straw (plus the icy cold water doesn't hurt my teeth this way).